Thursday, February 12, 2009

FRIDAY 13

PICTURE SOURCE: INTERNET

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia, a word derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή) (meaning Friday), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς) (meaning thirteen), attached to phobía (φοβία) (meaning fear).

PICTURE SOURCE: INTERNET

WOW!!!

Well, today is Friday 13 and I know that in Mauritius many will be very careful.

I think Friday 13 on the contrary is kind of fun for me...I remember that one Friday 13 in 1996, I was preparing myself to go to college when my uncle comes by and sounds strange...he looks at me and says:

"Fer attention kan to p ale lecol zordi..mone fer ene extra mauvais reve lor toi..to ine fer ene accident grave ek tone mort.."

Wow! I thought! Imagine being told something like that on a Friday 13! Well, it did not stop me from going to school.

At school, the funny part was that it is very well known that many students don't have classes in MGI. So, on that day our teacher said we'll just sit outside and do our class..Fine, as students we all loved the idea! Hep! Just as we took place around her, rain started to fall when seconds before there was a huge sun above! Ok..so we try to find another place to sit...

Later I was doing my hindi class. The teacher with only 3 students (me included) were in a small class in some corner of MGI. Quite to what we were used to, there was a deep silence around. Strange..strange..so the teacher asked one of us to go look what is going on since it's SOOOO silent! Guess what!!! The girl comes running saying that the whole floor is empty and all the kids are standing outside on the football ground far away as: THERE WAS A BOBM ALERT!!! God! and we were the only ones in class! Guess they missed us :( So we rushed to the football ground and waited for the police etc... to clear all doubts of bomb...Imagine if there was really a bomb! I'd not be here blogging! lol!



Same day, couple of hours before we go home, my friends decide to go to the library to change our books. Just as we step out of class, Naz trips and falls over Anj, leaving both down on the floor, with Naz on top of Anj... Ok am not being mean but I still recall the whole scene even after 13 years!!! It was so funny!!! It's like it happened in slow motion...

Now wasn't that some fuuny Friday 13??? AND!! Guess what??? Am blogging about a 13 year old story on a Friday 13!!! Hope I get to live through this day without any bad surprise :P

13 comments:

Yashvin said...

lol.
I would surely have waited for 13:13pm to post my comment but better do it now and I hope you won't be getting only 13 comments!

I have never believed in this Vendredi 13, but at any bad incident, the blame would of course fall on this superstition.

Welcome back to blogging!

reena.dkl said...

comments might be some kind of record for me...hihihi!!!

fadilnet said...

Your moment of nostalgia is rejuvenating, isn't it?

13 blargh...

I'm looking forward to a good Sunday night. (party)

Today is kinda borin'. How is your Friday going on?

I wish Michel and you well. "Faire bons zenfants" (btw, when will there be mini-yous? :P)

Shah

reena.dkl said...

Lol! what "minimoi"??? Mich is already living hell with me, now imagine a couple of "minimoi"...hihihi! Poor baby, he'll go total nuts! lol! And one friend said that Geminis are already like having two people to fight with...now if my kids are geminians too!!! Can't imagine what Mihel will go through!

Oh, today sounds fine..nothing much...lazing around my office desk..might sleep a few minutes...

So, Sunday you will party..hmm...enjoy! By d way are you on facebook???

Cheers dear! Happy Friday 13 again..

I hope next year I can throw a Friday 13 party...a disguised one of course! wat say??? Or more, the bloggers could come up with some party on r=that day "

BLOGGERS FRIDAY 13...

Yashvin said...

bloggers day...pas mal.

morinn said...

I hope next year I can throw a Friday 13 party...a disguised one of course! wat say??? Or more, the bloggers could come up with some party on that day "

BLOGGERS FRIDAY 13...


This sounds like a awesome idea! Hihi! and i'll be game for that. I've always wanted to participate in a disguised party.

By the way, we'll have a Friday 13th in this month as well! niahaha! The fun part is that I've got a test on that day. Hope I don't score 13 out of the whole. Hihi...

reena.dkl said...

Oh awesome! Lets' do it! I love disguised parties and think that Mauritius lacks events where you can show your creativity....

Lets' make it! I'd love to!!!

By d way am sure you will score more than 13! lol! Though I've had my share of bizarre FRIDAY 13!

fadilnet said...

So, any plans for tomorrow - another 13th Fri. LOL

Be well, Reena :) Give my best regards to Michel.

P.S

Happy Independence Day. Grab an eski soda and a pie to recall the ole' memories of being in Primary school. LOL

reena.dkl said...

Lol! Bof...no specific plans..BUT next year am all keen in organisisng a Friday 13 Night...disguised one!

Anyway, Mich says hi n thnx...

I remember the 'gato napolitain' on independence day...i miss that cake more than anything..maybe i will buy one today...the pink one..yummy!

You take care :)

Hip hip hourray! (ou cari poulet!)

_| P said...

bal costumé la ene bon l'idee ca :)

as for me... I had the best friday13ths ever this year :)

dapre lord, pou moi li porte bonheur :)

reena.dkl said...

That's the spirit! You should live it as per your rules :)

What could have possibly happened for you to qualify it as BEST Friday 13!!! :)

Ashfaq said...

nice witch picture ! lolzz..

reena.dkl said...

Lol! yeah..got it from he internet..was too lazy to draw one myself.

Am seriously thinking of posting my sketshes in the coming weeks...

Anywa, thnx for the comment :)