Friday, November 28, 2008

Mumbai Attacks - A wake-up call for the whole world...especially Mauritius.

Wednesday night, around 11p.m. As usual I am sleepless and switching from channels to channels to find something worthy to watch...never could I have guessed that I'd be witnessing such aweful live news as the Mumbai Attacks. NDTV was showing people coming out of the Taj Hotel and all I thought was that there might have been some sick man who had a fight and security of the hotel had taken serious actions.

Little did I know that what would follow was going to keep me glued to the TV set till early hours the next day.

What really shocked was that I was actually seeing everything as it was going on out there..live and direct. I saw it when the terrorist who hijacked a police van approaching the journalists and civilians (who thought they policeman) started to shoot at everyone. Sick! Real sick!

Below are pictures from the BBC site. (http://news.bbc.co.uk) I don't know if I have the right to put them up here though...



The above picture shows places which were attacked.

30 October: Explosions kill at least 64 in north-eastern Assam
30 September: Blasts in western India kill at least seven
27 September: Bomb blasts kills one in Delhi
13 September: Five bomb blasts kill 18 in Delhi
26 July: At least 22 small bombs kill 49 in Ahmedabad
25 July: Seven bombs go off in Bangalore killing two people
13 May: Seven bomb hit markets and crowded streets in Jaipur killing 63
















I think the pictures speak for themselves. So many lives were taken..so many innocents...

It has been said that the terrorists were targetting foreigners, especially Bitish and American passport holders.

NOW!!! THIS IS PRECISELY my point!

They were tourists in India and here in Mauritius were are the perfect hosts for them. By them I mean both the tourists and the terrorists. This is why I strobgly believe that instead of our PM playing Rambo on Tv, he should seriously consider a strategy to protect Mauritius from these attacks. What if tomorrow something like that happens over here???

Can anyone imagine what it will be like? Do we seriously have military bodies strong enough to let alone fight the terrorists, but at least face them???

I strongly doubt that.

India will definately come out of the situation...hurt, but still united. (I sincerely hope they do). But here in mauritius I wonder how far Mauritians will stand united agains such evil.

Let us hope that our Politicians will join hands and mind to set up a strategy in case tomorrow some sick people try to attack our island. Let us all pray that our paradise remains free of murderous attacks like the Mumbai ones.

One last picture just to show you how 500 years old architecture, history, heritage has been raped. Well, for 'people' who do not care about innocent lives, it is no surprise histoty etc... mean nothing to them....




Let us all pray that all the countries across the world get together to extermine terrorism...

To end..

KEVIN RUDD, AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER
"Whichever group has perpetrated this attack, they are cowards, absolute cowards, and murderers.

This cowardly attack on India's stability, peace and democracy reminds us all that international terrorism is far from defeated, and that we must all maintain our vigilance."

2 comments:

Yashvin said...

I dont think mauritius has a specific strategy to handle all these.

A small riot in some part of the island, and its a real chaos everywhere.

I will come with a post later, related to this one...

nice one!

reena.dkl said...

Thx Yashvin...

I know, unfortunately, that here in Mauritians we are so not prepared to face anything like that...you should read my next post about MAURITIAN ID CARDS found on one of the terrorists....

Eagerly waiting for your post...